Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm getting angry....

Ok, now I'm starting to get a little angry.
Maybe *angry* is too harsh....upset? anxious? nervous?.....hmmm...no, I think I'm getting angry.
We have been sitting here, twiddling our thumbs, waiting for our social worker to write up our homestudy. She said it should take her "about 2 weeks" to finish and then we would recieve it for final approval before it is sent off to the many people who need to have it.

That was 4 weeks ago.

4 weeks and 1 day ago, to be exact.

What the heck?
I know, I know. I said we are waiting until Feb to go on "The List" anyway. Ok, I lied. We were "supposed" to wait until April but we moved it up to Feb because of the increasing wait times. (For those of you who don't know, Ryan is back in school and wants to try to time things with his graduation since it would be difficult to travel during final exams)
BUT, at the rate our social worker is going......we'll never even get on the list by Feb!! Arrrgghh!

I know, this is a practice in patience (which I'll need more of when I have kids) and probably a part of someone or something's master plan.

1 comment:

jayme said...

Argh! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this unexpected delay. A similar thing happened with our homestudy, and ended up delaying us about 2 weeks.

All I can say is that you're soooo close!!! It's such a huge relief when you finally send off your dossier and are officially waiting!

By the way, are you and Ryan going to the brunch on the 9th? I hope so - I can't wait to meet you!