Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I think I almost had a heart attack!


So, I had a bit of a scare this morning!


I got home from work around 2am and didn't hit the sack until 4 or so. Needless to say, I was out cold when my cell phone started ringing around 9 this morning. Now, I've practically had that thing strapped to my body for the past 4 months so I jump up, grab the phone, and realize that I don't recognize the number or the area code. Is it Minnesota? I was in that crazy, disoriented, just jarred awake state that I thought for sure that it must be!!! Who else COULD it be?! My heart was pounding! I couldn't breathe!


I answer it......."Hello?!"

"Is this Katie?"

I breathlessly answer "Yes!" At this point, I think my heart is going to jump outta my chest. I think I may pass out.


It was Hill's Pet Nutrition asking if I would be interested in working a couple of weekends with them talking about nutrition & pet obesity (cue music! wa-wa-waaaaaa)


What the???!!!


That poor woman on the other end of the line.
I must've sounded SO disappointed.

2 comments:

TSEN said...

Oh, Katie!!! I am so sorry!! I know that feeling soooooo well now. I burst into tears when I got "the call". It's coming, I promise!

sarah

Tiny's Mom said...

I'm just going to think of it as my "practice run" for the real call :)