Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 14, 2007

post-referral ramblings


Okay, in all of my crazed excitement yesterday I calculated her weight wrong...she is actually a smidge under 10 lbs and is 21.7 inches long,

She has the chubbiest cheeks and a little double chin-I am ABSOLUTELY in love with her and wish I could post her photo right this very minute! She doesn't look scared of the camera, just a little sad, like she just finished with a good cry. I can't wait to get my arms around her!!


Of course, I didn't sleep at all last night...I tossed and turned...thinking about her and wondering what she is like and thinking about her family. It's so weird to go from sheer joy all day yesterday to laying in my bed last night and just feeling so, so sad. I am sad for her family, I am sad for her Mom and most of all I am so sad for Nora. No one should have to start life the way our adopted children do, with such a great loss. Even though I am happy beyond belief, I feel that I need to grieve for her loss and her family's loss. We are her family now too, but we will share that title with her Ethiopian family. We will never, ever forget her Ethiopian family and we vow that she will be raised to be proud of her country and culture and proud of her family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie & Ryan- we are feeling the same things here. I think I'm just moving out of the shocked stage right now. Our little gal is also ten pounds- I'm trying to guess what sizes she'll be wearing when we get home. here's for a quick travel date so we can get these ladies home.