Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Oh, silly man

Ryan insists that all we need to bring to Ethiopia is one (yes, 1) large suitcase, a small carry-on & a bag of donations.

HA!

He's hilarious!

I've pretty much packed all I *think* I'll need for Nora.

See the LARGE suitcase? The one that we were going to use for all of us? Yeah, that's all Nora.

And the tiny carry-on is filled with mostly Nora related items, and an extra pair of underwear and socks for us.

HA!

When will he realize that 1) I am ALWAYS right and
2) We will never travel light ever again :)


4 comments:

jayme said...

You've got a whole lotta pink going on!

Oh Ryan, there is no such thing as traveling light with infants. Trust me, I spent 9 days in Thailand with only a small carry on and was completely fine.

But introduce me to two little people that (combined) weigh less than my left leg, and suddenly we're breaking out the ginormous duffel bag to stuff full of supplies, clothes, toys, and all the things we never knew we needed. It's madness, but there's just no way around it.

By the way, I would highly recommend taking a collapsible duffel bag to fill with purchases.

Tiny's Mom said...

Wow, I didn't realize the extent o' pink in that bag! Alot of the stuff I am brigning for her is stuff I don't mind losing in the shuffle or leaving behind (ie not totally cute & fun).
We are bringing a duffel bag of diapers, wipes, and shoes for donation and I plan on fillin' it up w/ purchases on the way back! :)

Stacie said...

I am SO happy to see this post!! Here I am thinking we're crazy for packing Micah a whole suitcase, but now I feel much better. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Ryan, He has no idea how much HIS life is going to change (never mind the 3 munchkins!). Never again will he be right, on time, or have as many shoes as the women in his life! Sadly though, he does not get any sympathy from me "cuz that's just the way it is with us girls!!
Bon Voyage......