Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 16, 2007

wheels in motion

I spoke with the travel agent today and went ahead and sort-of made reservations (they are holding our tickets) even though our date is still tentative. The prices were good and I figured I should jump on 'em now, I can always fork over the $100 (it would be worth it just to book now) or so a ticket IF we have to change the dates if needed (if our case is delayed)

So, our plans are as follows:

We depart from Chicago on Thursday afternoon and arrive in D.C Thursday evening. We are staying the night at a hotel near the airport and our flight to Ethiopia leaves Friday morning. I wanted to stay overnight in D.C to avoid any delays on the Chicago leg and avoid possibly missing our Ethiopia Air flight or having to run frantically through the airport to our gate. Go ahead, ask Ryan about our trip to Mexico, he'd love to tell you how we had to run, him dragging me like a whiny, shuffling my feet cuz they hurt in my flip-flops 2 yr old ....I do not do well under that kind of stress...running through the airport to catch a plane kinda stress ;)


We arrive in Ethiopia Friday night and get to meet Nora Saturday morning!!!
Aaaahhhhh!!!!


On our return we will arrive in Chicago Saturday afternoon. I know we will have a very small gathering of family there to greet us-I didn't want too much craziness. I always hated watching those Adoption Stories on TLC where the family would be greeted by a gazillion people with balloons & banners, screaming & crying, cameras like the paparazzi, crowding the poor kid like she was Paris Hilton or something...the kids always looked absolutely terrified.
And the poor new parents...they always look like they just want to go home...and sleep.

4 comments:

jayme said...

awwww man.... you mean I should cancel the barrage of photographers I had hired for your homecoming?

Tiny's Mom said...

Well, ok...you can have the paparazzi there but they have to control themselves-I don't want them freaking Nora out!
Oh, and I'll make sure to wear my best pair of heels!

Stacie said...

I totally agree about the airport scenes! I cringe at the Adoption Stories too - one little girl (from Haiti I think) squeezed her eyes shut and tried to hide b/c she was so scared!

(the comments above from you and Jayme are hilarious by the way. :)

Tasha Kent said...

First of all, congrats on your upcoming trip!!

The airport homecoming scene always freaks me out.