Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Feeling better :)

We are all starting to feel a little better around here. Ryan's fever is gone, I'm not as weak and little Nora's cold is clearing up. She seemed really bad on Sunday so we took her to the Acute Care Center because we didn't know what else to do for her...they took an xray & swabbed her nose and said "She has a cold & you guys are doing everything right"
Oh well, I guess it's better to be on the safe side.
She is eating up a storm (loves her sippy cup, bottles are not her thing) and she digs the rice cereal...she has her 1st visit with her pediatrician today...I'll let you know how that goes.

Our trip (minus the vomit fest from DC-Chicago) was fantastic! We were really lucky to have such a great travel group and we had a great time & made some new friends along the way.
Ethiopia is such a wonderful country-it's beauty is breathtaking & the people are so welcoming.
Meeting Nora for the 1st time was fabulous but Ryan & I both agree that meeting Nora's birth mom was really the best part of the trip. What a wonderful, beautiful, sweet & caring woman. We were able to spend extra time with her since we gave her a ride back to her town, not much was said since we don't speak Amharic but just being with her was huge and being able to tell Nora about the time we spent with her is priceless. I am so grateful for that experience.

I will try to get my photos & videos of the trip in order and posted soon. I will also post more about our trip-I think I still need to process it, it was such a huge experience.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey girl! It sounds like the trip went pretty deep for you. What a treasure to meet and spend time with Nora's birth mom.

Katie I can't wait to see you. It will take awhile to digest it all I'm sure. Isn't it amazing how one week can alter your whole perspective?

See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
We can't wait to meet Nora! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Do you guys need anything? So happy you got to spend a good amount of time with Nora's birth mom- nevermind the language barrier, love knows no language. It's so awesome Nora likes sippys! Sooo much easier than cleaning bottles. Let us know when you will be bringing Nora by 911! Lots of love,
Christy, Diana, Gia, and Cindy