Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Houston, we have a problem"

In my perfect little world I was going to care for my daughter during the day and Ryan would take over at 4:45pm so I could jaunt off to work. For those who don't know, I work in emergency medicine. This was going to go on 3 days a week. Sooo dreamy, I know.

Well, my dream has just been shattered.

Ryan took a new job outside the realm of dog training. The money is alright but it will be a great experience for him. The problem? He works until 5pm.
I work at 6pm.
45 minutes away.
Not going to work.

So, I am scrambling. Scrambling to find a sitter, a daycare, someone to care for Nora during the overlap. Are you aware that most daycare only take in "full-time" students? They want some crazy amount of $$ to watch her "full-time," even if I only need to use them for 2 hours, 3 days a week. It's craziness!

I do have a lead on a sitter.
We'll see how it pans out, I'll let you know.
My leave is quickly coming to an end!!

No comments: