Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Everybody's workin' for the weekend

Well, I've decided to start working part-time.

Ryan's new job calls for some overnight travel (sometimes for up to a week) and I need to be able to be more flexible with my schedule. I will probably end up working just a teensy-bit less than I am now but I won't feel like I am stuck on set days. I will still do Saturdays or Sundays and I will still do some holidays. It was a really hard decision to make-I will lose 3 weeks paid vacation and I will have to fund my own continuing education to maintain my license but really, the more I thought about it, none of that is important.

Spending more time with Nora is important.




Yeah, we'll probably be broke and I'll have to cut back on my Venti Chai intake from Starbucks and my shoe obsession will have to be curtailed but I think...no, I know it will all be worth it.


In other news, our new washing machine arrived and my house no longer stinks of dirty cloth diapers!




4 comments:

jayme said...

I think that's great news! It's always a little scary making those big life altering decisions, but really, I highly doubt you'll look back on the days you're spending with Nora T. and have any regrets about spending as much time as possible with her.

Is Ryan liking his new job?

cathy said...

Go Katie! I freelanced a LOT right after Carver arrived, and I kept cutting back every month or so. As we tightened the budget (and survived!) I realized I would rather just hang out with Carver. I had to work a tiny bit to keep myself marketable, but I don't regret the salary or hours I gave up. You'll know what's right at each stage of Nora's life. She's such a DOLL!

Tiny's Mom said...

He loves his new job :)

Stacie said...

Yeah- I'm learning SLOWLY how to tighten the budget. Not going so well yet, but we'll get there. I've been scouring the stores for our formula cheaper than at Target (found it!) and searching deals on every other baby item. But, yes, I miss my Starbucks too.
Good luck - and you are definitely right- it is worth it! :)