Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pickin' Punkins

We traveled north to Apple Holler this afternoon to grab some pumpkins, hay bales and corn stalks....oh, and some apple pies, apple dumplings, hot apple cider and apple donut holes (yum!)







Yeah, we went a little overboard but autumn is my favorite time of year AND Halloween is my favorite holiday so we kinda had to get a little crazy. It was pretty freakin' cold out...I really prefer a gradual introduction into fall/winter-not 90 one day and 52 the next-my body goes into shock and all I want to do is eat (see 1st paragraph!)

Anwhoo, we took some cute pictures of Nora T

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Crazy Chicago weather!! A pink sun hat one day and a pink hooded jacket the next. At least pink is consistent!

I ate both my taffy apples, a box of 12 apple cider donuts (ok Makena and Tesfaye had a few), an apple pie (ok Jayme and Jon helped with that too), and a whole lot of apples in ONE WEEK. I'm appled out. But Apple Holler was fun.

Enjoy!

P.S. I hope you find your groove back to work.

Nora is a doll.

jayme said...

She's looking so grown up in her adorable hooded jacket. I'm glad Ryan finally got to take part in some seasonal activities.