Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 21, 2006

In the mail

Our homestudy is (finally) in the mail!
I got word today that our social worker sent a copy to CHSFS, USCIS and to us. I had actually heard from CHSFS earlier in the week that they had recieved a rough copy and just needed 1 more thing from our social worker and then it would be approved so I am hoping that it won't take too long to hear an official "approval". As soon as CHSFS approves our homestudy they will send us a list of the remaining documents we need for our dossier and then we are on "The List"

I am starting to get a little nervous about wait times as they are (supposedly) increasing and the wait to travel after referral is up to 12 weeks-this would put us around August if we are lucky and recieve a referral in 4 months and squeak by the court closure. I don't know where I am going to find all of the patience I need!

1 comment:

jayme said...

hurray!!!

I'm so excited for you guys. I remember quite vividly how exciting it was to have the homestudy done. The rest of the dossier documents are no problem at all.

I'm really hoping that you guys make it through the courts before they close. It's so hard to predict timelines... things have changed so much even since we first started the process.

Have a wonderful christmas and may the new year be the best one yet!