Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 9, 2006

doro wat

Today was the 1st annual Ethiopian Kids Community Holiday Brunch and I had a great time! It was really wonderful to see all of the kids who are home with their families, they are all so beautiful and happy. It really made me even more excited to move this process along :o)
It was also really nice to meet some of the people I have become friends with online, it's nice to be able to put faces with names.



Also, to sort of celebrate finally recieving the draft of our homestudy I actually cooked a meal...and a good one at that!

I made Doro Wat and it was fantastic!! (for those of you who don't know me, I don't cook well.. if at all) On my way home from the brunch today, I swung by the Kukulu Market on Broadway and purchased some pre-made injera and I will definitely be doing that from now on! The old man behind the counter was very funny and made me promise to come back and tell him how my "culinary adventure" turned out. I told him my wat will never be as good as the Ethiopian Diamond but I would do my best! And it turned out well for someone that can barely boil an egg.


----> See! It sort of looks right!

At least the injera looks damn good!
----> leftovers the next night!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! I am so immpressed that you cooked, Katie! Now I really know you are serious about this whole adoption thing, haha!!

And you got to meet parents who adopted from Ethiopia? How surreal was that experience!?? I am SO excited for you guys that at last you are approaching the waiting list!! WOO WOO!

Love you guys!