Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 14, 2007

pieces coming together

Our crib arrived yesterday (thanks Mom!) I never thought I'd be so excited over a couple of pieces of wood! I felt like the father in A Christmas Story when the leg lamp arrived (fraageelay-must be Italian) I was tearing apart boxes and throwing styrofoam everywhere! Needless to say, I couldn't stand looking at it in pieces for the next 6 months so today, after the Bears wonderful win, Ryan put the crib together (yay!)
It literally took him 20 mins and when he was all done he toasted it with a beer in typical Ryan fashion.



3 comments:

Mark and Sarah said...

Congrats on jumping over to 'the list'! Very cute crib! Where did you get it?

~Sarah (fellow adoptive-mom-to-be through CHSFS)

Bek said...

I also saw that you were on "the list". :-) I WAS a fellow almost adoptive mom at CHSFS but right before our dossier went we adopted our own Norah...she is from the Bahamas and was one of those "dropped in our lap" babies. Next time we will adopt from Ethiopia (older kids).

I LOVE the orange room (we just painted our kitchen orange..it is such a fun color to work with...). Setting up the crib is a huge step! Can't wait to hear about the journey...

Anonymous said...

Katie and Ryan...Congrats on jumping the list and the new crib is great. Hope your wati is going okay...it really stinks some days. Maybe we will et to travel together this summer. Congrats again.

Stephanie (isaiahsmom...CHSFS adoptive mom-to-be waiting to referral)