Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 17, 2007

Stomach malfunction

Since I became violently ill (again) on Wednesday, I have been afraid to eat. Absolutely terrified. Nothing sounded good to me, everything was blech!
We had plans to go out for BBQ & mojitos for my birthday but I decided that probably wasn't the best idea.


Ryan decided that I could no longer live on ginger-ale alone anymore so he presented me with this on Sunday
A Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake!!! Mmmmm, my favorite! Please ignore how horrific I look in the photo & how messy my family room is. That man knows what I like.
So, that was the 1st real (I did have 2 pieces of pepper & an apple slice at Nancy's on Friday but that didn't really count, if you know what I mean) solid food I had in almost 4 days and Mmm..mmm..mmm..
Just in case you were wondering, so far so good ;)

2 comments:

cathy said...

Well, baptism by fire! You're not a mom until you have the stomach flu AND have to take care of a baby. That's when reality hits and it's really, really hard. Also, it makes you have to be creative. Like, "How do I vomit in the toilet AND hold the baby?" or "How fast can I throw the baby in the crib so I can run to the toilet to vomit." Isn't motherhood fun?

Get well soon! I'm sure the ice cream is doing wonders on your tummy.

Carmen Sognonvi said...

Unrelated to this post, but I just wanted to thank you so much for adding the Anti-Racist Parent widget to your sidebar! :)