Lilypie1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sometimes you just have to laugh

As we were leaving the grocery store today we decided to drop some cash into the Salvation Army bucket.
The woman ringing the bell smiled at Nora and said "She's so beautiful...." I said thank you and started to walk away when she said "She's dark. Is she dark?" I paused and said "Yes, she's Black" (I assumed when she said dark she meant black). "She's Ethiopian"

Bell-ringer lady then whispers "Ethiopian....." looong pause "Are you Ethiopian?"

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That is funny!

cathy said...

Okay--these are the moments I am always torn between humor, grace, or really messing with the person. Were you temptend to say, "Why yes, I am Ethiopian!"

Tiny's Mom said...

I was SO tempted to just say Yes! I just looked at her like "Huh?" and said "Nope" and walked away.
I'm sure she was utterly confused.

Tasha Kent said...

Is Ethiopia near Kansas?